Monday, October 19, 2009

Speaking of Cate

I just posted this as a comment on my friend Tricia's blog. I think it's something I want to remember forever, so I'm posting it here too.

Cate (my almost 5 year old) sidled up to me the other day and said, "Mom, I'm a little embarassed to tell you this, but your cakes are OUTSTANDING!" I giggled (under my breath) and asked her if she knew what "outstanding" meant. She replied, "No." So I asked her if she thought it was good or bad. She quickly responded that she thought it was good. Then she asked me what it meant. I told her it means "really wonderful--even better than expected." I wish the whole world could have seen the delight in her eyes as she practiced the definition out loud a few times and then shared her new found knowledge with her brothers and sisters. Words are wonderful!!

5 comments:

Anne Marie said...

What a cutie! Cate is the one pictured right below in your previous post, right? She looks so much like Ben. I guess when I knew Ben, he was right about that age too.

Ian and Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelli Proctor said...

wow, she is so cute! Its funny how sometimes the kid that challanges you the most is the one that amuses you tons too! haha! Love her little personality!

Tricia said...

I love that. Can we all try some of your "cakes?" =)

Lucy Maud said...

Cate is cute! Tell her i'm so lucky to have her as a cousin!