Sunday, April 26, 2009

Ali turns 8!























Now that it's exactly one month past her birthday, I thought it might be a good time to post the festivities. Ali is my first born girl and as such gets all the benefits of being of the female persuasion. We did things big this year. She didn't want a party. Ali's not into crowds and noise and stuff, so Grandma Ellis, Ali and I spent the day together. Our first stop, Claire's Boutique. Ali's been begging me to let her get her ears pierced for longer than I care to remember and I finally caved. She was a trooper--not a single tear and the result: one very happy 8 year old. Next stop, the long awaited pedicure. Now, I didn't get a pedicure till I was over 30, but this was our girl day and how can you have a girl day without a pedicure? She loved it. We went shopping and bought some summer clothes and then met dad at Wildflower Bread Company for lunch. It was a really great day, but the highlight of the birthday was definitely the whipped cream fight! This sweet, feminine child felt that her day just would not be complete without being completely covered in whipped cream. A happy ending...





The truly special event of course, didn't take place until Saturday. Grandma and Grandpa Ellis, several relatives from the Phoenix area and good friends came to celebrate Ali's baptism. It was a beautiful service. Only one glitch--John forgot all about the plug when he went to fill the font. Oh well. We just imagined a beautiful waterfall instead of a running faucet and didn't mind the background noise so much that way. She did end up getting baptized though and was absolutely beaming when it was all over. Everyone joined us at our house for a barbeque after the service. We so love our friends and family and felt really blessed to be share this day with them.

5 comments:

hogans house said...

wow! I cant believe she is already 8! I love the pictures.

Kelli Proctor said...

awww...I wish we could have been there! She is so cute with her red toes! WOW, I dont think I have ever done red! I was thinking of doing blue and red next, you know me, I ALWAYS gotta throw in some funk somewhere! Love you ALi, congratulations!

Anne Marie said...

Oh, friend, I do miss you! Congrats, Ali! I can't believe she's 8. It seems like not so long ago that I met you guys, and she was a sweet baby in your arms. It looks like her celebration was perfect. So glad you had friends and family to join you for the fun. The whipped cream looks like every kid's dream. Beautiful family picture too. You guys look all perfect together. I can't believe how big all your kids are getting. One of these days, we're going to have to meet up somewhere (cross our fingers that we might be in Utah the same time or something).

Neener said...

I can't believe she is 8, I remember being at park days with you and Ali.. she was just a wee thing.. I think you were even still nursing. If you think about it ..it was like almost 8yrs ago. Wow! She sure is a pretty thing. Jordana our little one who just recently got baptized (oh by the way it is snowing right now:)). wanted her ears pierced so bad so I took her to Clairs and she sat on my lap and screamed so loud that after the purple dots were on her ears that was all she could handle.
What a beautiful day, hope to see you all soon.. sure do miss ya.

Rebecca said...

Congratulations Ali!! Julie's 8th Birthday is right around the corner too. Awesome!